Thursday, January 03, 2013

Off and running!


Having a wonderful day today.  It's only 1 o'clock, and I have already seen 5 lighthouses, including:


  • Fort Gratiot Lighthouse
  • Port Sanilac Lighthouse
  • Harbor Beach Lighthouse
  • Pointe Aux Barques Lighthouse
  • Port Austin Reef Lighthouse (at a distance)


Some of these are not "easy" to find, so I feel very fortunate that I've been able to locate them all without much difficulty.  An added challenge is that the cigarette lighters in my car don't work -- so I'm not able to charge my GPS.  Dohh!  (Dear Hertz-- please go back to renting Ford vehicles!)

It's COLD and ICY out.  Here's a glimpse of what a cold and icy photographer looks like.


Artist Self Portrait


More to come...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wowie! Five already!! You're giving our Baltimore lighthouse tour a run for its money.

It looks downright frigid out there. I'm glad you remembered your hat!

Anonymous said...

Well I hope you're not as lonely as you look sitting out in the cold all by yourself:) Great fun I imagine. Keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

The repetition of the light posts in your self-portrait is visually interesting and the fact that you are sitting for some reason makes me smile... not sure what I find this humorous but I do. The Harbor Beach lighthouse is near to where I was born (Forrestville) and where my Dad still lives today (Sandusky). Have a great trip - you are my hero :) René BuckSnort Pierce

Anonymous said...

~How quiet and peaceful this looks~I love all the fabulous photos~Jeanne

Mikhail Lyubansky said...

I like this photo. It has a certain solitary, poetic quality. I also like that you're sitting. It's an interesting thing to be doing in the cold and I like also the fact that sitting is usually associated with comfort but sitting in the cold is exactly the opposite of comfortable.