Friday, January 04, 2013

Mid day update

At the request of MFM, I'm providing a very short mid day update.

So far I (made an attempt) to see the Gravelly Shoal lighthouse.  That one was VERY far away.  Show's up as a spec on the pictures.  Oh well.

Next was Tawas Point - very nice one.  For a few brief moments the sun even came out!  This may be the only picture I take this trip that's not gray!

Next up was Sturgeon Point.  Another nice one, for sure.  Back to gray, though.

Finally was Alpena Harbor.  Interesting lighthouse.  Not your usual architecture.

Now I'm off to Presque Isle and Forty Mile Point!

Oh, and here's a link to the trip map:  http://goo.gl/maps/pWhBI

Two comments:

1.  This is a lot of fun!  I wonder if National Geographic is hiring?  :-)
2.  The "quiz" for the day is...  what do these things (besides that I like them) have in common?  As a bonus question, "what do they say about me?"

  -photography
  -lighthouses
  -trains
  -sailing
  -genealogy

PS -- Even though the votes came in entirely for skipping the "ice river" trip to the Bay City lighthouse, I must confess that I do regret skipping it!  Cest la vie...

Back on the road!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think the pics are turning out GREAT even with gray skies! You can make anything look good!

Unknown said...

I can't solve the riddle of the day. My best guess is that they all have rich historical value.

Anonymous said...

Well thanks for the midday update. Sounds like a productive morning. Now we can look forward to the picture postings. Sorry you missed the ice- maybe we should all be a little riskier- but at least your trip is going on with no broken bones! And I can't solve the riddle either. Maybe we need more clues.