Friday, January 04, 2013

More day 3

Let's start with some things I'm grateful for.


  1. Everything I was grateful for 2 days ago.
  2. Everything I was grateful for 1 day ago.
  3. The effect optimism can have on one's life.
  4. Good books, like "Why Bad Things Happen To Good People"
  5. People that spend their days working to find ways to make other people happy
  6. Snugly kids that create fun words like "ushy"
  7. Friends that make great CD mixes for me to listen to (thanks KB!)
  8. Awesome camping spots, like Algonquin.
  9. People that are always up for a good laugh
  10. A new BFF of mine (don't worry MA -- we'll get you through your PTI!) 
  11. Awesome television commercials -- like "The Slobstopper"
  12. Old friends that let you tell the same joke over and over again ("So there I was..."  thanks DRH!)


And while I'm making lists, I wanted to add a few more "fond memories" that came to my mind today...


  • The man in charge of one of the Upper Pennisula campgrounds giving SB and I the key -- and asking us to "lock up after you leave"
  • Watching the most spectacular animated display of the Northern Lights I have ever (or probably will ever) see.
  • The look on KB's face when I mistakenly (and quickly) took an exit while caravanning down the highway.  (This one only turned fond after a day or so of apologies :-)
  • The whole JR list we already made.
  • The conversation I had with Father John about when certain names would come off of the bulletin prayer list.

One other note.  As I was driving up the coast today, I noticed a whole bunch of small private motels  -- many of which looked like they had seen better days.  One of them was called "Beside Manor".  I suppose this was supposed to be a cute play on words-- but it reminded me of a nursing home -- not exactly appealing.  But my favorite was the one called "Last Resort".  Again, another play on words due to it's location-- but given how it looked -- I'm pretty sure most people would take it to be "only stay here as a Last Resort".  Bottom line -- I think there's a need for some good marketing talent in eastern Michigan!

Ok, thanks to everyone for following along.  If you are interested in seeing more photos... don't forget the whole batch is available at http://shared.theremingtons.com under 2013.

More tomorrow...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Matthew and Mark are happy they made the list with "ushy" and the Slobstopper commercial ;)

Unknown said...

What was the name of that little diner near Beaver Meadows campground? Remember? The one with a mis-spelled sign?

Anonymous said...

Here's my list:

1. All the initials make a mystery of what you are saying. Are you keeping secrets?

2. I am jealous of the beautiful light house pictures

3. Please list some good memories of me or i will have to start telling them myself and I don't know if you will want everyone to know you were once called "old sleepy eye, one eye, with the one eye open!"

Love, lizzie